Saturday 5 December 2020

No more

We saw the oncologist yesterday.

 

We’ve all agreed chemotherapy doesn’t seem to be doing anything for me. On examination the oncologist agreed  with me that the cancer has spread. The main lump (Lump) is on the left clavicle. It now spreads from about a third way down from the bone from the clavicle to the shoulder, down beyond the sternum, even starting to stray onto the right side. There also the smaller outcrops on my lower neck & halfway to my left armpit. There is also a small lump on the underside of the left breast.  The oncologist has decided it’s time for another CT scan to get a more exact impression of the spread. If the cancer has continued to spread at this rate despite the chemo, there seems very little point of enduring regular hospital stays as well as the other adverse side effects.

 

He has, however, suggested he should contact Christie’s to see if they have any trials for which I might be an appropriate candidate. I’ve agreed on the proviso that, if we ever get shot of this coronavirus, I might withdraw my agreement & try to fulfil my bucket list instead. If I am accepted the chances of there being any successful treatment is remote, but there is a chance whereas there is none otherwise.

 

We came home relieved on the whole. We stopped at a pub – Kendal is in Tier-2 so we could have a drink provided we had a “substantial meal” - & had lunch.

 

Hopefully, now, without all the toxic chemicals being pumped into me, I will feel more myself. We can have a few more evenings of music, good conversation & drink. I won’t be so tired so can maybe get some of the other things we want to do in preparation of Christmas & the New Year done. Also if we have to go down to Christies, we may have the opportunity to see some of the family & friends who live or work down in Manchester. That would be good.

 

As if to celebrate, this morning when I combed my hair, not nearly as much hair came out.

 

No comments: