Thursday 24 December 2020

Nearly there

It’s a day for getting chores done. I’ve just got the week’s ironing out of the way.

 

Then I did my bit towards dinner. First I got the chicken thighs out of the freezer to thaw. Then I skinned 15 tomatoes. The Fox is making a spicy Basque Chicken, a dish we’ve had several times in France, even in Basque country. I do hope it goes well & brings back memories of holidays in France, with French friends in this case. All that remains is for me to choose a nice bottle of red wine to accompany the meal, hopefully one that will enhance the meal while itself being enhanced by the meal. Then I can just sit back, relax & enjoy Christmas

 

I sometimes think it would be nice to visit this area again. There is definitely something un-French about the area. I can see why the Basques have pleaded for their own separate country stretching across the present border into Spain, just as the Catalans want in the Eastern end of the Pyrenees. Land borders do sometimes seem arbitrary, a political construction which doesn’t always suit the locals.

 

 

Hendaye

Hendaye

Finally, I wish you all a 

MERRY CHRISTMAS

 Have a great time all of you

 

No comments: