Tuesday 29 December 2020

Night lights

The world is white. You are hard pushed to see the green of the lawns through the thick frost. I’ve not dared to look at the thermometer but clearly it’s below freezing.

 

The only things that shine out are the lights in next door’s garden. She has lit up her huge tree green. And, now for Christmas, there are flashing lights on some bush. Personally I don’t see the point of illuminating the garden. I’d sooner leave it as a safe place for nocturnal animals to scurry around.

 

Last night, when I went to take the food rubbish out to the compost bin, I was stopped by that other great light, an enormous moon. I even insisted the Fox should step out into the cold to see it. I gather full moon is due tonight but it certainly was pretty full last night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: