Sunday 22 November 2020

Spark of an idea

"What's for dinner on Monday?" asked the Fox

 

"Beefy dumplings. The next thing to use up from the freezer is 80g of leftover roast beef."

 

“When are we going to use up the Yorkshire puddings? I seem to be constantly moving them around the freezer.”

 

“They're about 3 down on the list of freezer items.”

 

Then I suddenly had a thought. Why don’t I warm the leftover beef in some gravy & use that to fill the Yorkshire puds? That would be two items off the list. The puddings should bulk out the beef too. I put the idea to the Fox.

 

“That sounds wonderful!”

 

Now all I have to do is locate a rather small bag of leftover beef in a rather large chest freezer. I can just hope the district nurse doesn’t arrive while I’m still rummaging. Finding the Yorkshire puds will be no problem.

 

Meanwhile we shall be having one of the Fox's world famous Kipper & Egg Kedgerees. We haven't had one for a while so I'm looking forward to it.

 

No comments: