Tuesday 3 November 2020

Chore day

Yesterday we completed a few chores before lockdown began.

 

First we started with the chemist & dropped in the Fox’s repeat prescription. Then we popped down to book a table at our local pub – a last meal out while we can. Then it was up to the library.

 

One thing we realised last time is that we needed a good supplies of books if we were going to survive a shutdown. At the moment the library isn’t even sure if it will have to close as it had to last time. However, we are playing safe & left with a dozen or so books & a couple of jigsaws. We were advised there would be no fines if they are forced to close so we cannot return our books on time. Hopefully we’ve got enough books to keep us going for a while. We may need them.

 

After a quick trip home with our goodies & a cup of tea, we were off to the solicitor’s to get our new wills signed. That’s one chore that’s been weighing on my mind for a while now. It became more urgent when I was given my prognosis & put onto palliative care. Now I can put my mind to other things that may need sorting before I die.

 

No comments: