Saturday 7 November 2020

Slowing down

Once more we’re settling into shutdown. Once more the chemist is delivering to us. The heating has had its service. Life is going slowly. The Fox decided to do a midweek roast – something we’re usually too busy to do but not now. As a result we’ve felt a bit disorientated ever since.

 

So far I’m doing better than last week as far as reactions to the chemo. My balance is off. My appetite is reduced – I’m equalling, if not having less than, the small amounts the Fox is eating. Having said that I am quite looking forward to the tomato tart I’m making today. The juicy, acidic, fruitiness appeals. I’ve also been feeling very tired. Today I noticed the first combful of hair come out. It looks as though the pace of hair loss is increasing.

 

The world outside is looking increasingly wintry. Many of the trees are now skeletal – a different sort of beauty. The lawns are covered with frost in the morning. The winter heather is starting to flower.

 

Life is slowing down. And we are gratefully tucked up in the warmth of our home.

 

No comments: