Thursday 19 November 2020

Food memories

I clearly should have had a moan about the weather earlier. Today it is sunny. The sky is bright blue. The low sun is blinding if you look in a south easterly direction. It’s very different from what we’ve had of late.

 

The red hot needle of yesterday has given way to a wasp sting. That’s easier to cope with.

 

In the end we had breaded plaice for dinner. That was always a childhood favourite. On the days we went into town during school holidays – usually for new school uniform – we often stopped at the “Grey Parrot” for lunch. More often than not my brother & I would have breaded plaice. The same was the case when I went into Manchester to have my eyes checked at the Eye Hospital. My reward for good behaviour was usually lunch out, usually at Lewis’s or Deb’s, & usually my brother & I had breaded plaice, accompanied by cherryade to drink. Those were the days!

 

Today the Fox is cooking chicken. He’s doing it in a creamy tarragon sauce. I love the combination of chicken & tarragon. You can see I’ve gained more sophisticated tastes as I’ve grown up. I’m looking forward to this meal.

 

No comments: