Wednesday 18 November 2020

Now what?

We’re back in the land of rain again. There are times when you begin to wonder if it will ever end. We were very popular on our first trip to Australia. They’d had years of drought. We arrived & it rained. We’d clearly taken it with us!

 

To be honest we’ve had a lot of mizzle of late. Mizzle is when the rain is so fine it is almost like mist. Nonetheless it does eventually soak through. And it certainly tends to come with grey skies, very conducive to feeling depressed on these days & weeks of shutdown, isolated from friends & family.

 

I’m trying to sort out in my mind what to cook today. I had thought we were doing the food shop yesterday as I would be at the hospital today. Sure enough we did get to the butcher & bought some sausages & some chicken thighs. The Fox is cooking the chicken tomorrow. I was going to make some sausage rolls for us. But now I realise I was going to use some puff pastry which I have yet to buy from the supermarket. Now I’ve got my thinking cap on. I’ve peeled some spuds & I’ll get out some peas from the freezer later on. What else? That’s anyone’s guess at the moment.

 

I’m beginning to think I’m losing my brain along with my hair! Or maybe I’m just being distracted this morning by the searing pain in my neck – it’s like a red hot needle digging in - which doesn’t seem to be going away despite taking some painkillers. This pain always seems to precede an expansion in the Lump. I wonder which way it will grow this time.

 

No comments: