Tuesday 7 January 2020

Last session (?)


Last session over. Immediately I left Oncology with a weird sense of liberation. No more hours spent on Monday, just sitting there as the chemicals slowly drip into my blood stream. My days would be free again!

That sense of exhilaration soon wore off as I realised I never have been committed to anything on Tuesday. I’m usually just too drained to do anything much. There’s no change there. Even next week I’ll still be going to the hospital on Monday, only this time it will be to Orthotics about my knee braces. The district nurse will still have to come on Friday as I’ve still got my PICC line in. That will remain in place until it’s decided whether I need more chemo. I won’t find that out until next week. Really when I think about it I’ve still got a lot more trips to the hospital to do whether I have more chemo or the op. No liberation at all.

While I was sitting there & the chemicals dripped in, the Fox got off to Dermatology. He was impressed by the doctor he saw. He’s now hoping the medication she has prescribed does the job. His eczema is definitely infected - that’s why it is bleeding now. So we’re now just hoping that things improve. He’s to go back in 6 weeks’ time. I’m just hoping he doesn’t end up with an appointment in Lancaster while I’m in Kendal having an op.

Meanwhile the rain keeps coming down & we just keep trying to live a normal life. Is there such a thing?

No comments: