Thursday 16 January 2020

A bit of a lull


The wind blew hard yesterday. Icily so. We went along the promenade to the shops. The sea was a boiling muddy cauldron, with great white horses leaping from it. They dashed onto the shore with great force. Definitely not a day to get on a ferry to the Isle of Man. I suspect the Seacat, a hydrofoil, would have been cancelled, maybe even the ferry. It certainly would be a nauseous trip.

It’s be nice this week just being able to relax a bit, to do things in our own time, to catch up on things we haven’t done in a while such as popping over to Carnforth, to return to something like normality.

I suspect everything will be thrown up into the air tomorrow. I expect to be coming back from the hospital with another appointment for the next lot of chemo or the uncertainty of waiting for various appointments in preparation for an op. I’m hoping for the latter & to have a clearer idea of what the op will entail. We’ll see.

3 comments:

Malcolm said...

Was just enjoying reading this when I realized how long it was since I last visited your blog. (My major online time has been spent on Twitter & Facebook and, following links from posts on these sites).Apologies that I've been so tied up in my own anxieties re. my beloved OH's situation, as well as mine, that I've not really managed to catch-up with any of the weblogs I follow. Just catching up on a number of your past posts and really upset that I hadn't really been aware of all the chemo etc. you've been undergoing.

Thoughts and prayers will be directed your way in a much more vigorous fashion

Sending warm gentle cyber-hugs your way.

Helen Evison said...

I feel selfish that I had not taken interest in your needs and health. I will be praying in greater detail daily. You are battling with something much less predictable than my situation, which is just as the staff at the pre-operation appointment is a corrective procedure.

The Oxcliffe Fox said...

Unpredictable is certainly the word for it as you can see from my latest blog hope all goes well with your own op. Love the Vixen xxx