Monday 27 January 2020

A second opinion?


We’re just back from the surgery. The GP has agreed to write to the Breast Clinic & Oncology requesting a clearer explanation of their course of action, why radiotherapy turned into chemotherapy for example, and suggestions of whom he should send me to for a second opinion.

This doctor, too, had a feel of the lump. He, too, was bemused by it & the fact it should be so big now when it was pea-sized just before Christmas.

Meanwhile I shall attend my appointments on Friday to see the Oncologist & to have my PICC line cleaned & blood removed for pre-chemo testing.

The day has brightened up in other ways. When I first got up, rain was slashing against the windows. Now there’s a bitterly cold wind but the sky is bright blue without a cloud in sight, just a yellow circle of sun. A definite improvement.

No comments: