Tuesday 27 December 2011

What a knockout!

Readers of the Fox's Christmas Eve blog will realise how anxious we had become about Christmas meal out. As it turned out it was a quiet success. Geo, Lin's father, was also a guest at the feast & turned out to be a charming gentleman. He's in his 90s & looking very well on it. The food was all enjoyable. PD managed to calm down a bit so we didn't have to behave like the performing seals we feared, thank goodness.

We got home in the early evening & promptly conked out. First the Fox had an hour's nap. By then I was clearly past waking up so went to bed at just 8.15pm. I didn't wake up until 12 hours later. Even then I was back in bed by 10.30am ready for a further few hours of zizz. As I say we conked out. 

Yesterday I couldn't even get my thoughts around the idea of what to do for food. In the end we went for a quick microwaveable Booth's ready meal. That was about all we felt up to, though while looking for the meal I noticed a bag of diced lamb leg which I duly got out for today. We're going Moroccan with a lamb tagine for a change. It's plopping as I write.

All this exhaustion is, I suspect, a reflection of the sheer relief of getting through the Christmas festivities & surviving. For a while I've been aware of feeling increasingly tired. Partially that's the effect of the cold - over Xmas I've finally stopped blowing although I am still coughing a bit. PD has been going on about this meal ever since we accepted the invitation months ago, Our sense of dread & general tension steadily grew as his excitement grew. Nothing, but nothing, could live up to the wonders he was intending, nay expecting. Now it's over we've just flopped. I suspect we will stay flopped for another day or two, maybe till next year, before we really take up the reins of life once more.

I hope you all had a good meal & hopefully didn't just conk out in exhaustion like us.

No comments: