Wednesday 21 December 2011

A joyful reunion

We're still busily hand delivering some of our local cards. 

We stop at the house of one of our friends. The road seems full of cars.  Nonetheless we park. The Fox gets out to deliver ours. As he goes I notice the people at the door of our friend are John & Janet, our former vicar & his wife. It turns into a joyful reunion.

It seems John & Janet are having Christmas dinner with the in-laws of one of their son. This happens to be just across the road from where we are spending our Christmas Day. We're hoping to bump into one another then too. 

It made a very pleasant surprise, a real pleasure to see them again. 

I wish I could feel as warmly towards our new vicar but I can't. I haven't been to church, except for funerals, since Easter. I'm contemplating trying again in the new year. If I'm still not happy, I think I will try another church, not too much further, in a different direction. Meanwhile I will continue to go via radio or just read a bit of the Bible by myself. I've nearly read all of Genesis now, from start to finish, a chapter at a time. It's high time I gave the Bible, the main book of my faith, a thorough read.

No comments: