Monday 12 December 2011

The festivities begin

I seem to have been very tired over the weekend. I've had a couple of very long nights in bed, the majority of which has been asleep. I think it's just a sign of how much my cold has drained my energies. I seem to have reached the final stages of that. I've only used a couple of tissues the last couple of days, though I was perturbed to see a streak of crimson in the phlegm I coughed up yesterday. I'm not going to worry unless it happens again.

Meanwhile I'm trying to get into festive mood. We've already received a few cards. Neighbours even ventured out in the horrific storms to deliver them! I've finally got around to writing my first few.

Tonight is the Gerarics' Corner's Christmas dinner at the Pub. I hope to deliver all those cards at the do. I know others are intending the same. Hopefully it should be a grand occasion, full of merriment & laughter.

It seems strange, though, not preparing any food for tonight. This afternoon I'm hoping for a bit of a nap to keep me going through the evening. We don't often going out in an evening as I tend to find it so tiring. Whatever else happens it will be a change.

No comments: