Sunday 30 October 2011

Some better(?) news

Dinner was late yesterday. I noticed our neighbour Fran, Dave's wife, so I thought I'd pop out & see how he was. It was with some relief I heard he was safely in hosptial, in the Intensive Care Unit attached to Coronary Care. Apparently he had had a massive heart attack. This is worrying in that he has already had multiple heart bypasses as well as having other medical problems. Fran is now anxious that he will be transferred to Blackpool, which would be a long journey for her to visit him daily but rather expensive to stay any length of time. I offered her what little help we could. So now we pray & hope.


Hopefully some good will come out of this. Dave has been having increasing problems for a while. Part of the problem is that he is now on 14 different types of medication. They are clashing with one another. They've taken him off the medication & are starting from scratch. Hopefully they will be able to find a balance that will suit him better at the end of the day. Meanwhile fingers stay crossed prayers are said.


By the time I'd finished talking to Fran it was getting on to 2pm & I was using Big Ears, our slow cooker. Still the Duck Vindaloo we had was worth the wait.


We can't help beginning to think, for all our problems, we're among the healthiest people we know. That's saying something!

No comments: