Saturday 8 October 2011

Under way

AS the weather has changed, my attention has been turned to sorting out the Christmas meal for the Geriatrics' Corner at the Pub. Somehow gales, thunderstorms, hailstorms etc is suggestive of the onset of winter and, with it, the fact Xmas is on the way. At least, so far there's been more interest than in the end-of-the-month meals.

This year has not been a good year for our merry little group. The Fox had his stroke in March. Then, a couple of months ago, Fran had a heart attack. Fortunately, as with the Fox, it was only a mild one, but, nonetheless, a heart attack. Meanwhile PD has managed to put on yet more weight with the result his breathing, and morale, has got even worse. Growing older brings its problems.

So far we've got 9 definites and a few hope-tos & yet-to-let-me-knows.

I had been intending to add a few pictures of our recent trip down the Rhine today, but somehow I seem to have forgotten how to download them. I get so far. I choose the pictures but I can't actually insert them. I'll have another go another day. As you will have realised by now, I'm not the most computer-literate of people. Unless I'm in the right state of mind I rapidly get frustrated, ready to throw things at the screen rather than stopping to think things out, a failing in me.

No comments: