Thursday 13 October 2011

Changing

I've spent the morning ringing around for car insurance quotes. Once we've made the decision I'll be able to tell all the calls from insurance companies they're just too late. So far I've got to a price that is just £4 more than last year, considerably better than the £40 increase that our present company is asking for.

It never ceases to amaze me how the price of insurance just seems to go up & up. I accept that last year we did have a bad winter so there were probably more car insurance claims as a consequence. Nonetheless, that doesn't alter the fact we weren't among the claimants & the value of our car has gone down as it aged.

I'm also aware part of the increase is due to the fact so many companies have great introductory offers. Once they think they've hooked you, they assume you'll stay with them for the rest of your life, whatever premiums they demand. I'm afraid I'm a believer in checking around first. If it's only a few pounds difference I might stay to save the hassle of moving, but when it gets to £40+ that's a different matter. We're changing.

One good thing is that the companies I've contacted have also given a house & contents quote too so I won't have to go through the whole hassle again, when that renewal notice arrives. That should be any day now. I will already have something to compare it against so hopefully that will be a quick and easy decision.

No comments: