Wednesday 12 October 2011

Under pressure

I'm feeling somewhat under pressure. The car insurance is due later this month & we seem to be being inundated with calls offering special prices & to decide there & then. I really object to being expected to make instant decisions. If a decision is good, it will still be good after I've had time to check around & mull things over. It is all too easy to make an instant decision & then regret it.

Even at the Pub, pressure is being put on us. Mr P, the ex-music teacher, is eager for us to book a table at his new dining club/restaurant later this month. He assures us the place is all wheelchair accessible. What he doesn't seem to take in is that we usually eat at 6pm, & I'm getting ready for, even sometimes, as last night, in, bed by 7pm. His place doesn't even open until 7.30pm. I appreciate for working people that is a better time but it's not much use for us. We wish him well in his venture but I'm not sure if that means we'll be going for a meal with him. I will admit there is a bit of me that wonders if we shouldn't make the effort & give him our support. He clearly wants it. I dare say if we went on a Saturday, when I could have a mid-afternoon nap to keep me going, I might cope with such a late meal. We'll see, but these are the wrong tactics. The more he pressures, the more my back goes up in resistance.

The next bit of pressure I suppose will be over the house insurance due at the beginning of next month. I expect that will mean another wave of phone calls.

Does it ever end?!

No comments: