Monday 17 October 2011

Busy day ahead

We've got a busy day ahead of us today. At the moment I've got a chilli con carne on, plopping away. That then should be nice & easy to warm up come this evening.

Then, Angie, our cleaner, is due. Although the Fox is feeling so much better now, it doesn't alter the fact he is still having some off days when he really couldn't cope with the extra task of cleaning on top of other things. Fortunately our local council has let us have enough vouchers we can use for cleaning services to last through most of this financial year. That being so, we will continue to make use of the services of Angie, with a few weeks off over Christmas probably. Come March we will have another review of the situation & decide how fit the Fox feels. If necessary we will put in another application for help next year.

It's PD's birthday today. That means we must get to the Pub this afternoon to help him celebrate. When last we spoke, he was hoping to persuade Lin, his wife, to come too. It's always a pleasure to see her.

Then this evening it's flu jab time. I've never been called in for a flu jab before. I have sometimes questioned whether I shouldn't request one as I have had pneumonia - I missed the fireworks to celebrate the arrival of the new millennium as a result - & I am disabled, but on the other hand I have never had flu, despite being put in flu wards when I've just had one of my regular severe colds. However, now I've got CKD, Chronic Kidney disease, I'm getting the offer. I'm accepting it, not because I suspect I'm any more likely to get flu this year than before, but, rather because if I were to now, with CKD, there can be far worse, quite serious, consequences, & I don't want them. So, tonight, we're both of to the surgery for our jabs.

All of this makes up, for us, a busy day. I suspect a tiring one too! Here goes....

No comments: