Wednesday 4 May 2011

Still tired

It's big shop day. Admittedly it doesn't look like too big a shop - a case of a few big items rather than a lot of little ones. I'm hoping the Fox is going to manage. After the events of Saturday, the Fox is once more feeling drained & having a tendency to drag his leg along. 

Yesterday we did go to the Pub. I'm not sure which he found worse, Dick Gobble's shocked "You look very tired!" or Linda's overwhelming sympathy. Either way he ended up feeling greyer. We'll just have to see how the shopping goes.

We're still hoping for that meal tomorrow. We're telling ourselves, with an afternoon lie down, we should be able to make it. I'm rather concerned as the Pub is not the most wheelchair-friendly place. In the afternoon I can manage the walk from the door, where the Fox usually drops me, to a seat in the bar we usually use. There's no steps. But the eating area involves steps & I will have to be in my wheelchair to cover the distance, especially at that time of day. Although the Pub has said the staff will lend a hand, the Fox is reluctant to accept he has to ask for the help. And as for the loos, that's down even more steps, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll not have to go - not particularly relaxing for a nice evening out.

Meanwhile, I see this morning, the wood-pigeon is still taking twiggery into the hedge. I have visions of the dove Noah sent off that returned with an olive twig in its beak. A sign of good things to come? Hope so, we could do with a change in our fortunes at the moment.

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

the second paragraph reminded me of the famous Stanley Holloway monologue (which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxP_9RNjKBQ )

The Oxcliffe Fox said...

I just visited the site. That monologue gave me some welcome cheer. Thank You. The Vixen