Saturday 7 May 2011

Preparing for our travels once more

I've been on the phone most of the morning. My cousin Trudy is having a golden wedding celebration in June & we're invited.

The party will be down Stoke way, where they live. So first I rang a nearby hotel. I've managed to book a wheelchair accessible room for three nights. The party is to be on the Saturday evening but we've decided to go on the Thursday. That way if the Fox finds the travelling too tiring we can rest up a bit on the Friday to give him chance to recover. It will our longest journey since his stroke & the first stay away. He often finds holidays tiring as he usually ends up doing more pushing me around etc. We're hoping if we allow plenty of time, the trip will be relatively stress-free.

Then I rang my cousin Trudy to let her know we were coming & where I'd booked us in. It seems it's her son's regular eating out place, which sounds hopeful. With a bit of luck we should be able to get a decent meal there on Thursday evening. I gather we're to arrive at the party before most guests to ensure I can be settled into a comfy chair while there still are chairs available. Trudy & Bill are keeping their fingers crossed for some sunshine for that weekend.

After that I rang my cousin Ann, another branch of the family, who also lives in Stoke. She & her husband have also been invited. She's decided we want to lunch with her & her husband, Derek, on the Friday. She's going to book a table ready for us. We're then to go to their place for a bit of the afternoon. They moved house just before Christmas & are still proudly showing off their new home. So much for a quiet Friday. Still I'm confident they will understand if we don't feel up to much & just want a rest. Ann is a retired nurse so she appreciates the implications of a stroke.

All in all it sound as though it should be a good weekend, with much catching up on family news. I'm now just hoping it isn't going to be too tiring for us. It will certainly be a change of scene for us and we're both looking forward to it immensely. 

No comments: