Thursday 12 May 2011

Great day to be alive

The Fox has already written about his review. Suffice for me to say all went well. The chances of another stroke are not great provided we keep an eye on his blood pressure & try to avoid excess stress. Exercise is once more on the cards & can only improve things. Just what we wanted to hear. Suddenly life doesn't seem to be closing down too much. We can gently increase its present scope.

So, with all this in mind, I set off to the fish shop on the Mean Machine in search of some sea bass, not to mention a couple of pots of shrimps. It's a wild day today. The wind is blowing strong. I was glad I'd thought to put on an extra cardigan as well as my coat before going out. Even so, I was pretty nigh frozen by the time I got back home. I think I should have re-dug out my gloves & woolly hat too! 

As for the Bay, that was full of white horses, jumping up & down in the cold grey waters. Towards the land the gulls lay on the thermals. No need to flap wings on a day like this, except to avoid crashing into a building occasionally. The starlings were massed on the grassy banks. They'd been recently cut & so there were plenty of grubs to be found as the birds' full beaks proved.

It was certainly a day to blow out the cobwebs and feel alive!

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

really good to bask in the positivity of these last two posts - long may it continue!