Saturday 24 July 2010

To party or not

In theory today we're off to the church garden party this afternoon. I say in theory because I'm not convinced we'll actually get there. At least the sun is trying to shine, which is hopeful & a blessed change from normal at the moment. If the event had to be held inside we certainly wouldn't be going. The church hall, the alternative venue, is rather small. With lots of people milling around, as well as tables & chairs for people to sit at for their refreshments, there is very little room to get around in a wheelchair.

No the real reason I suspect we'll not be getting there is our exhaustion. The last I heard the Fox commented that he felt very tired & wanted, above all, to catch up on his sleep. I, myself, found I didn't wake up until after 9 am this morning, which is very unusual for me. If he oversleeps similarly, it will be getting rather late to go.

On top of which I'm intending to make a bacon roly poly for dinner. I'm hoping to cook some of the Fox's new potatoes to accompany it, & it will take a while to dig them up. They made it look so easy on "Gardeners' World" last night (on BBC2) but I know from my little experience earlier in the week that it isn't that easy in reality. Not for a novice anyhow.

On the other hand, I'm very curious to meet the new priest-in-charge who is performing her first parochial duty, by opening the garden party & presumably staying to meet some of her new parishioners. She doesn't officially start as priest until September if I remember correct. John, our last vicar, will be a hard act to follow.

No comments: