Thursday 15 July 2010

On a rollercoaster

It's been a rollercoaster couple of days. I've been out on the Mean Machine, my electric scooter, both mornings. On Tuesday it was to buy some fresh sardines & prawns, on Wednesday to collect our prescriptions. The assistant at the chemist shop was stunned as I left with 11 items plus one off prescription item. Such is the level of our decrepitude!

Tuesday was a low day for both of us. We were both out of sorts, tired & rather low - a reflection on my part of my anxiety over benefits, & on the Fox's as he still struggles with his tinnitus. It didn't help when we discovered the car was leaking petrol. We hastily got round to the garage where we were told to bring it back the next day.

So Wednesday the car was repaired. It only took him 10 minutes. He didn't charge. He reckoned the car was once more good as new. Despite its 14 years of age, he reckons it will last a good many years yet. We had begun to think the time had come to look around for something younger. Our spirits rose a bit.

Hopefully today will get back to something more normal. I've had sleeping pills the last couple of nights to try to catch up on some sleep, although I have ended up waking both nights at 2.30am. The significance of that hour I have no idea. At least my eyes are no longer bloodshot with tiredness. I'm looking forward to the Crab & Watercress Quiche the Fox is making tonight. It should be good. Hope so.

No comments: