Thursday 9 April 2009

Oh so tired

I was tired yesterday. Oh so tired. Nonetheless, as arranged, we went to see our friends MK & Helen in the afternoon. And a pleasant afternoon it was. The wine went a bit to my head. I think that was largely a reflection of my tiredness. On the way back we stopped for a carvery meal at the County Hotel in Carnforth. The meat was delicious. I had some turkey & some ham. The carrots were a bit hard for my liking,but apart from that all was good. The portions were generous. You could hardly complain at £5 each!

We were home around 7pm. I was going to put some chicken into a marinade overnight but I really felt too exhausted to be bothered with peeling an onion & some ginger. Instead I got changed for bed, had a cup of tea, curled up to the Fox & watched a pre-recorded "NCIS" programme for an hour. By 8.30 I was in bed & soon in the Land of Nod.

I woke from time to time throughout the night, but soon fell back into sleep. It was with some reluctance that I got up this morning, shortly after 7.15am. I hastily got the marinade made & the chicken began its soak by 8. I just hope that's long enough.

We're having tandoori chicken kebabs for dinner tonight. As there isn't much sauce, just the marinade, I thought I'd have a go at making some jacket potatoes in the microwave. This is going to be an adventure for me. So far I've not even turned this microwave on. We've never owned one before. I've managed scrambled eggs before now but that is about the limit of my culinary experience with a microwave using raw ingredients. Oh I've warmed ready meals in one when we've been on holiday but that's about it. I'm nervous, but I'm sure it will work out well. Everyone says jacket potatoes in a microwave are a doddle & so much faster than done in a conventional oven. We'll see.

No comments: