Sunday 5 April 2009

Beware the gremlins

Today seems to be a day when the gremlins have come to visit. I decide to have a go on the computer. I've a few things to alter on my freezer contents list.

First the screen is a magnificent magenta colour. I persevere. The screen often starts like this but quickly settles down. And sure enough now it does.

Having finished doing what I wanted on Word, I thought I'd write a blog. I try to sign in. The computer doesn't accept the password.

I typed in the password with my eyes on my fingers rather than the screen. I now realise the password looks extraordinarily long.

OK so type it in again. First entry fine. Second entry & the problem begins. I press the key once but on the screen there are now half a dozen big black spots. I try again. The same. I try a third time, very slowly & deliberately. Success. Just one spot. On to the next entry. Again half a dozen spots appear on screen.

I start repeating the process from the beginning. Each time, very slowly & deliberately. After half a dozen false starts I've finally got here, by which time I've forgotten the subject matter of the blog!

Even then problems continue. Midway in the third sentence the print has changed. It's as though the first bit is in bold (even though I never put bold on) & the rest is in the normal script. I didn't change anything. It must be those gremlins at their games again.

I'm off before they decide to confuse me even more........

No comments: