Monday 27 April 2009

A bit of a change

More normal weather has returned. Once more a mini-lake has appeared near the greenhouse. It's really been one of the best April's we've had in a long time. Nature has responded with magnificent shows of blossom. For once the tulips stood up straight in brilliant colours, perfectly formed. But it has to be admitted the gardens were beginning to need a bit of water. Some plants already look the brighter for a drink.

We're out this evening. Last year a sub-group of Geriatrics' Corner started going out for a meal the last Monday of the month. We've not done so this year, partially because the weather was so bad early on in the year with the snow & ice, partially because I left it to someone else to organise tables. I 've relented.

I kept hearing mutterings about how much the meals were missed. Although the Fox & I sometimes question the value of these events, the others do positively enjoy them. Don't get me wrong, we do enjoy the evenings. It's just that somehow the whole day gets disorientated & is dominated by the need to be in a fit state for the meal, which is at a set time. There seems to be a lot of hanging around. But that seems a small price to pay for friendship. After recent deaths & illnesses somehow living friends seem to be all the more important, to be cherished now rather than later, when it's too late for them to appreciate. So I've taken up the cudgels & once more booked a table, though quite why I should always be the one doing the booking I don't understand.

So it is today I'm feeling footloose & fancy free. No meal to cook - we're eating at the Pub as that's where our group is based. The garden is so wet, there's no question of venturing out there this morning. Hopefully we'll get out & order the carpet this afternoon. And I'll try for an afternoon nap to boost my energies for this evening.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Hope the meal goes well!