Tuesday 21 April 2009

In a rush

I'm in a bit of a rush today. I've hastily been out & planted some new herbs - the tarragon I bought at the last Farmers' Market, the mint & coriander that has overwintered inside & are now accustomed to life outside. I did wonder whether they really needed watering in as the sky grew steadily greyer, but I have, just to be on the safe side.

Later I'm off to the hairdressers. I feel I ought to look a bit more presentable for Dave's funeral on Thursday. Linda, his widow, is a hairdresser, has her own business in Lancaster. Indeed she's even a trainer for the British Olympic hairdresser team. If you're like me you didn't even know we had a team, or for that matter there were Olympic competitions in hairdressing, till I met Linda.

This evening I was going to try doing a prawn dish in the microwave, but after discussing it with the Fox, I've changed my mind. Done in the microwave this meal is supposed to take 40 mins to table, according to the recipe book. Since this is essentially a stir fry dish, I'm going to take the same ingredients & dig out the trusty wok. I half-expect the Fox to take over as he loves using the wok, & there's the extra pleasure in watching the blue-grey raw prawns turn a glorious pink-orange colour as they cook. And what's more I bet it will take less than 40 mins!

No comments: