Friday 26 March 2021

The big challenge

I tackled one of the biggest challenges of all this morning – i.e. a shower. Fortunately I recently had some new knee braces delivered. They come in long cardboards boxes which are then placed in large rectangular plastic bags. I am now using one of the bags, across my chest & dressings & taping it in place in order to keep the dressings dry. Now that I’ve gained a boob tube I’m not bothering trying to wash my back because I do not see how I can keep all that netting down my back dry. I seem to have managed reasonably well. I did think at one point I felt a cold dribble of water rolling down my front but I could find no wet patch so hopefully all is well.

 

Later today I’m off to see the district nurse to have my dressings changed which is why I thought this was a good day to try for a shower. I was beginning to feel a bit pongy otherwise despite the charcoal dressing.  Any damp dressings won’t be on for long but I can’t actually feel any dampness.

 

Still the whole process has tired me out. I’m ready to join the Fox in bed for a bit of a nap before we go off to the surgery & the district nurse.

 

No comments: