Tuesday 23 March 2021

Of cinnamon & hair

Yesterday I cooked a chilli. All day I was nauseated by the smell of cinnamon that came from it. Admittedly the cinnamon did give the chilli a more rounded taste. I was relieved to find with the extractor fan on full blsst, the back door & a kitchen window open I did manage to eat the meal.

 

Today I get up. The first thing on my chore list is to boil some eggs ready for the kedgeree the Fox is cooking this evening. Usually I add an extra egg to lightly boil for my breakfast but not today. As soon as I stepped into the kitchen & smelt that cinnamon again, my stomach rebelled against the idea of eating anything. Once more I’m airing the kitchen well in the hope of dispersing the smell.

 

It’s strange because usually I love the sweet smell of cinnamon but not now.

 

Meanwhile I wonder how many silvery lined nests there must be nearby. I keep finding silver hairs on my clothes & throwing them out. Surely they must be this year’s latest fashion material for lining nests.

 

No comments: