Thursday 25 March 2021

Downhill slope

Yesterday I went food shopping with the Fox, the first time since all our trips down to Preston. I suspect it’s going to be the last time too.

 

I usually push myself around while the Fox does other shopping & he pushes the trolley.

 

A supermarket floor is an ideal surface for pushing yourself around in a wheelchair as is a hospital floor. However, now I find I can’t manage to push myself at any speed. I’m just so tired. If I ever go again I think will depend upon whether I can hire one of their electric scooters. Pushing me with a wheelchair trolley attached is too much work for the Fox. I would be better off just staying at home or in the car.

 

I’m increasingly being aware of my limitations. I’m not sure I’m up to going away on holiday much as the idea may appeal. I’m not even entirely sure if I can cope with our normal social whirl seeing one lot of friends or another most afternoons. I seriously think I’m on the downhill slope with the cancer now. I wonder what state I will be in when we’re finally allowed to see family & friends again, go to pubs etc.

 

No comments: