Saturday 6 March 2021

No more

First of all I have to express the sheer joy & relief at the fact we no longer have to go down to Preston. I’ve completed all the radiotherapy being offered. Now we’re intending a few days of rest, of trying to get on top of the tiredness that has hit us both.

 

Now I will tell you about this morning. I looked out of the back window to see what looked like something white, fairly large, spread across the path. Litter again! Someone’s plastic bag or newspaper! I thought, cursing litter louts as I went.

 

However, when I got there I discovered it was something very different, a dead bird. Don’t tell me the peregrine falcon’s back attacking our little birds, I thought. I bent down to pick it up by the foot. This was no pigeon. The more I looked I realised it was the bird of prey lying there. It had a definite hooked beak to tear at the flesh. Its underside was white, upper side dark grey. I think it must have been the peregrine itself which met its Waterloo. I can only assume some of the smaller birds, the starlings perhaps, got together for a mass attack to drive it away & in the process killed it. It is now in the bin.

 

No comments: