Tuesday 21 April 2020

Very fishy


We seem to be having a fishy phase. As you already know last Thursday we had the 4 langoustines. On Sunday we had king prawns in a sweet chilli crispy crumb. Yesterday became Miniature Fish Balls day using up 117g of cod – would you believe I made 16 balls which goes to show the balls were teaspoon sized. Today we’re having a day off – the Fox is making a Hampton Pie to use up some leftover gammon. But Wednesday I’m intending to make Salmon Fishcakes. That will use up a half tin of condensed tomato soup. As there will be half a tin of salmon left over, that will go to make a Salmon Vol-au-Vent later in the week. All very fishy.

As you can tell I’m still using up from the freezer. I am hopeful I may soon get to the stage of having to buy new stuff, to go on to more experimental cooking instead of old favourites. I’m just hoping by then the shelves are fuller at the supermarket. From what the Fox has said there remains a dearth of eggs, flour, baked beans etc. etc.

The Salmon Fishcake recipe is the first recipe I ever copied out when we were first married nearly 45 years ago. When I came to deciding what to do with the soup, this recipe swam up into my mind. It’s always been a delight. We’re both eagerly anticipating it.

No comments: