Thursday 2 April 2020

Signing up


A letter arrived. From the government. This is the second one to arrive, telling me I am extremely vulnerable for coronavirus. I wasn’t surprised. Having just had a cancer op & not so long ago having chemo, I even feel vulnerable at the moment. That’s why I haven’t been off our property since I came home.

Unfortunately I failed to notice, in the first letter, that I had to sign up. This second letter was a reminder that I hadn’t done so.

The letter directed you to a website. I thought it should be easy enough to sign up on-line so I looked up the website. There was nothing about signing up as an extremely vulnerable person, only how to help a vulnerable person e.g. by doing their shopping & leaving it on their doorstep.

I tried searching various words but got no nearer. In the end I abandoned the effort & tried the Freephone number mentioned in the letter. So much easier even it was talking with a machine. I’m now signed up. I’m now curious to see if anything changes, even if it’s only a phone call. We’ll see.

No comments: