Wednesday 22 April 2020

Boiler problems


Yesterday a heating engineer came round to sort out our central heating boiler. It’s been playing up all year. Most days I’ve had to manually press the button by the red light to start it up. However, with so many short notice trips to hospital we haven’t been able to sort out an appointment for its repair. Then came the close down & I didn’t want anyone to enter our home, maybe bringing in the virus with them. However on Monday neither of us could get the boiler started so we rang the heating engineer.

Our usual heating engineer couldn’t come as he is self-excluding – his wife is on the extremely vulnerable list – so he recommended a colleague to do the job. The latter duly came & thought he’d sorted it all out.

Imagine my disappointment this morning to get up to a very cold bedroom – it had been frosty overnight. As soon as I was dressed I headed to the boiler. Red light once more on. I rang the engineer & am now waiting his visit.

No comments: