Monday 10 February 2020

More calls


I’m having another morning of phone calls.

The first call was to the district nurses to cancel their Friday visits. As I no longer have a PICC line there is no need for them to come to care for it. I also wanted to get rid of the boxes of dressings, various flush equipment etc., not to mention the used sharps box. I gather all need to be delivered to the surgery.

The second call was to organise a second pair of the new style knee braces. I only got an answerphone for that. I can but hope I will hear soon.

Next was to try to sort out an appointment Dermatology for the Fox. The first number I tried, the one for urgent cases, I was told if his legs are so bad, with open sores, he should have gone to see the dressings nurse at our local surgery. Nobody has ever suggested that. We didn’t even know there was a dressing nurse to call upon for help. They gave me a second number to ring to sort out the appointment. 

I rang that number to be told they had no immediate appointments but they would see if they could organise something soon as the Fox is in such a state. They would ring me back. Again I hope it will be sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile we have been surviving Storm Ciara. A new bird feeder will be needed but that is the worst damage here. The wind has certainly been blowing but it is the rain that has been the most dramatic here. At one point yesterday I looked out of the lounge window to hardly be able to see anything beyond our front garden. The garden isn’t that big, about the length of an average car. It was just as though someone was aiming a hosepipe with the water at full strength directly at the window.

On the more cheery side, despite the appalling weather the tiny miniature daffs are opening up, their bright yellow flowers filling me with optimism & hope. I need that at the moment as my shoulder is getting worse again. Once more the pain is becoming constant, of greater intensity & over a larger area.  I’m just hoping they can soon get the cancer under control as they say they can, even if they cannot eliminate it.


No comments: