Wednesday 26 February 2020

Appearances


AS my appointment comes closer, and with it the possibility of an op, I find myself wondering what I should do with my head. A wig is not practical if you are going to spend a while lying in bed or propped up on pillows. Equally a scarf is liable to slide around.

My hair is growing now. Indeed at the back of my head, where the psoriasis used to be, there is a positive thick white mat. If my whole head was like that I would just abandon the wig & brave the world bare-headed. 

However, although hair does cover most of my head now, it is so thin the scalp shines through. I want to look presentable if I do have visitors while in hospital. For that matter I don’t want to frighten other people sharing the ward. I’m trying to tell myself there is time yet for the hair to grow sufficiently to just happily abandon the wig. I hope so.

It’s strange the little things you worry about. It isn’t as if it’s even certain yet that an operation will be happening. My suspicion is that a lightweight turban or hat is the solution but I won’t buy until I know an op is going ahead.

No comments: