Wednesday 14 August 2019

Lacklustre


We all seem a bit lacklustre at the moment. Our cruising friends came back from their Med cruise to instantly go down with a bug. Our friend who’s in a wheelchair discovered the difficulties of a night away & is now so scared he daren’t venture anywhere outside his norm. We all seem tired & drained, a little depressed. The rain isn’t helping to lighten our moods.

The Fox is still on the mend, getting stronger by the day but he still isn’t 100% by any means – do you ever feel that as you get older, I wonder. Apart from his ill-health we seem to have lurched from one crisis to another – losing the internet & phone services, our boiler breaking down, the slow cooker packing up, my psoriasis going into overdrive.  The latest is one of our phones packing up. On Monday we bought another one. Now we have to install it.

The Fox has got the new handset, with answerphone, set up in the lounge. This morning I took down the now defunct kitchen handset. No problem. However, now I have the problem of setting up the old lounge phone in the kitchen. I’ve sorted the place to put it. Again no problem, just a bit of rearrangement of things on one of the work surfaces. However, the wire to the electric plug has to go through two holes in the unit. The wire is so flimsy it is difficult to direct from one hole to the other, not helped by the fact you can’t see or feel the second hole from the first. I’ve abandoned the effort. I just hope the Fox has a good idea how to do it.

I’m telling myself it’s a case of feeding another wire/string through & then pulling the phone wire through, but I can’t find anything appropriate to attach the wire/string to in order to get it through the two holes in the first place. If I’d realised it was going to be so difficult I would have tied the new phone wire to the old one before I pulled the old one out. Then I could have pulled the new through with the old. Oh dear!

No comments: