Monday 26 August 2019

Back to normal


I got my weeks wrong last time I wrote. It is Bank Holiday weekend but the closing of the prom & “Vintage By the Sea Festival” is next week. However, I’m sure the prom was heaving this weekend. With hot weather, sunshine & Bank Holiday, it is inevitable.

It is with some relief we’ve returned to salad days. The Fox did make some mushroom soup, hot, for starters yesterday. Today I’m grilling some chicken. The breasts are already marinating in a honey & balsamic vinegar mixture. There will also be a fruity element with grilled peaches. More of the honey & balsamic mixture, with the addition of some wholegrain mustard, will be the basis of a dressing for the leaves etc. A bit of saltiness will come from a crumbling of feta cheese over the dish.

However, today, so far, is back to overcast. I even thought I felt a certain dampness in the air as I popped out to the bins. We may end up eating inside once more. I’m certainly not risking putting my washing out unless it brightens up.

No comments: