Monday 4 February 2019

Warning flush


I was in the midst of brushing my teeth when in the corner of my eye I noticed something. I turned to look. The bathroom window was a magnificent pink. Dawn colour doesn’t usually stretch this far. This window points due south. Indeed it’s the first time I’ve noticed it in the nearly 20 years we’ve lived here.

I hastily set off to the kitchen, still brushing. Yes it was dawn. And a magnificent one. I quickly sought a camera. The nearest was the one on our mobile phone. I had to get that switched on, all the time with one eye on the sky & brushing away at my teeth. As the phone was accepting its password, I felt around for the back door key & got that opened up.

I finally managed to open up, & get camera to eye. I had no glasses on but I have a reasonable idea of the garden design & the camera focuses itself. Snap. Unfortunately by then the full flush of redness was already becoming subdued. But wow what a dawn it had been!

I went back to finish my morning wash.

 Oh, and the shepherds/sailors were right. Red sky in the morning did presage a warning. By midday there was a deluge of rain.

No comments: