Saturday 30 September 2017

Touch of panic & snuffles



I’m beginning to panic a bit. Should I try to learn at least a few phrases in Italian?  I’m just feeling so tired I’m not sure I could be bothered. Most larger hotels, & we’re staying in a larger hotel, usually speak reasonable English, & there will be a rep there if we have any serious problems. However, it has to be admitted most non-hotel staff do usually react better if you can at least say a few words in their language, show some respect to their culture. It’s nice to be able to chat to some of the locals, the real locals.

The tiredness, sheer sense of exhaustion is almost overwhelming. Last night I started blowing, waking today with a very dry painful throat. I’m telling myself it’s just the tiredness telling.  Maybe it’s a minor dose of flu from the jab I had earlier in the week. Whatever it is, I’m still going to Italy. If necessary I can have a few quiet days there to recover. It can’t be worse than the cold I went down with in Fuschl when we went to Austria a couple of years ago.

I’m just hoping the Fox doesn’t start snuffling too. Though come to think of it, he did snuffle a bit earlier in the week & I put it down to overtiredness. It disappeared quickly. I’m hoping the same will happen with me.

Either way it’s a case of Italy here we come. It’s not long now. We're counting the days.

No comments: