Monday 2 October 2017

No Italy



The holiday is off. Why? Because of my cold? No. The fact the Fox is also going down with a cold? No.

The reason is simple. The flight to Italy was with Monarch Airlines. They’ve gone bust. All their flights were cancelled from 4am this morning. I’ve yet to contact Saga, the people from whom we bought the holiday package. Unless they can organise alternative flights, that means the holiday is off. Whilst I’m confident we will get the money back for the actual holiday, I’m not so sure about the car rental & car park fees. But the real problem is that I really feel we needed that holiday.

At the moment everything is still up in the air. Should we try for an alternative? Maybe go away somewhere in this country where we don’t need to worry about flights? Could Saga suggest an alternative late booking holiday with a wheelchair adapted room? That is yet to be decided.

Meanwhile I’ve just sunk into my cold, & a certain amount of depression. On the whole I am surprised by how well I am coping with the disappointment when we had been looking forward so eagerly to the trip.

Meanwhile it’s a case of trying to minimise the costs & get some food in. We had cleared the fresh food ready for the off later this week.

No comments: