Monday 9 October 2017

Getting back to normal



My cold may be persisting, but at least I’ve got to the stage of feeling I can get back to some semblance of normality. It gave me great pleasure to get a Chicken Vegetable Pie together, ready to go into the oven for this evening’s dinner. We seem to have lived on fast food of one sort or another for a week. I’m just glad to get back to what I consider real food.

I can’t blame the Fox for only wanting to make convenience food. Eating has been more a matter of fuel than pleasure. There’s something very disheartening about striving over preparing a meal for a loved one to find at the end of the day they can’t really appreciate the effort. Their taste buds have been masked over by the onslaught of a cold. But it’s good to be back, & pies are something we always enjoy.

I’m relieved blowing is not quite so frequent, so I had time to make the pie between blows.

Unfortunately the Fox is now definitely under the weather. So far he hasn’t totally sank. He’s still fighting. I’m just hoping this is the worst he gets.

Our thoughts are starting to turn to holidays once more. We’re nervous about going abroad on a non-package, non-ATOL guaranteed, trip. We’ve been lucky this time. The money is appearing in our bank accounts as things get paid back. We’re also convinced that, after not having a proper holiday now for over 12 months, when we do go away we want to get away somewhere special, possibly for a bit longer than usual. We’re still thinking we might try for Lake Garda some time next year. Immediately we’re still considering York as a destination. But when we’re not sure. Already our diary is rapidly filling up with appointments – car service, hospital, central heating service. And it’s still a question of first getting shot of this cold.

No comments: