Monday 11 September 2017

Vampire on the loose



We’re back in busy times. Once more the hospital is looming on the horizon. Today I start with a trip to the surgery for a blood let.  The vampires are at work again. This is to check I don’t have a latex allergy, before the main set of tests next week.

I’ve been hastily making some lamb pies for dinner, using up some leftover meat from the freezer. It will make a quick meal this evening in case I’m feeling too drained to cook much later. The Fox can easily take over now if necessary.

Tomorrow the car is off to hospital for a service & MOT. To think it is now three years since Paloma, our present car, entered our life. In some ways life passes fast, in other ways so slow.

I’m still suffering the effects of exhaustion. The one night break at Conder Green gave me a fillip to get through last week. By now the effect has worn off. Last night I was in bed not long after 8pm & slept through to the morning. Clearly this must be typical of people recovering from cancer treatment as today I’ve just received an invite to a course about how to cope with fatigue given by the MacMillan nurses. We’ll not be going. We’ll be in Italy then & I think that will do me far more good than any lecture.

No comments: