Tuesday 19 September 2017

Patches on



Well we got to the hospital yesterday. I’ve now got 68 patches stuck on my back. I return later in the week to have them removed & my back inspected.

The nurse is certainly right about one thing. You can’t forget you have the patches on. The muscles of my back feel as though they’re held in some sort of corset, unable to stretch & move in the normal way. It also feel as though my back is unable to breath & is rather sweaty.

As for any reaction I’m not sure. I’ve got the odd itch, the odd ache, the odd hot patch, but are they just in my mind because I’m so aware the patches are on? So far there’s none that is so unbearable it has to be removed immediately. We’ll find out the results when the patches are removed.

The Fox will have that unenviable job. Having worried that I would have an immediate overwhelming reaction, we’re now worried that when all this tape & patches are taken off, my skin will have blistered underneath & a great area of skin comes off with the patches, as happened when I used hyperfix on my knees.

We’ll just have to wait & see. Meanwhile I move around gingerly, feeling as though my whole back is being drawn into a particular unnatural position.

No comments: