Friday 7 July 2017

No



I feel a little as though world is always saying no to me at the moment.

I suppose it started with the holiday hunt. The cruise sounded wonderful. They assured us they had an accessible cabin. We sorted out the moneys as we would be having to pay the full amount up front as it is so near embarkation date. By then, just one day later, mysteriously the cabin they’d reserved in our name, was gone they reckoned. They would put us on reserve. One week later the cabin is once more available only the price has gone up £1000. We’re not prepared to pay extra when we suspect that the cabin was empty all the time & the week to sort out whose name it was reserved in was an excuse to con us out of so much money. The cause of the week’s delay was their doing, not ours. And they call that first class treatment! We’ll not even be looking at their cruises again!

After I was finished here, I set about booking a room in Harrogate. All full up for that weekend. The car show is at the same time as another big event. So that idea went for a burton.

As the sun had come out by this time, & dinner wouldn’t spoil, we decided to have a day out & pop over to Levens & our nearest Volvo dealer. Our present car is a Volvo. We had thought we would probably just update our present model of car as we’re quite happy with it. It’s comfy while being capacious enough for my wheelchair. We discovered that model was no longer available under Motability. The smaller model which was available, also had too small a boot for the wheelchair. Clearly we are going to have to change marque.

As we were out that way,  we went on to two over garages that are only available Lindale way. One’s a possible. The Fox loved the feel of it so we’re tempted to try for a test drive. The other marque he wasn’t so convinced about. The hunt continues.

Maybe my negativity is due to being on these antidepressants. They may have been prescribed for their painkilling side effects but there’s no denying it I have been in a strange mood since I started them last week. I was warned that they may have an adverse effect on my mental health initially. That should settle after a couple of weeks. I’m seeing my GP next week so if I’m still so volatile, I can discuss it with him then.

For all my negativity I did enjoy our trip to the other end of the Bay. I enjoyed our drinks stop at a pub we haven’t visited for years. I also enjoyed the wonderful meal at Ricky’s, our local Cantonese restaurant. Above all I enjoyed the company of the Fox. The world isn’t entirely black by any means.

No comments: