Monday 10 July 2017

Check up time



It’s off to see the doctor today. I’m relieved. I have a few things I need to talk about.

First of all I’d like him to look at the psoriasis on the back of my scalp. I can’t see it, as it’s right at the back of my head. However, the medication seems to have cleared it. I’m no longer itchy all the time & I can’t feel the raised welt that used to be there. I’m wondering if I need to continue the treatment.

Secondly both the Fox & I have been called in for an annual health review. We both feel we’ve donated so much blood, had so many blood pressure readings done, during the course of this last year, that we question if the review is really necessary. Surely anything adverse would have shown up. We suspect our names are on a computer somewhere (probably in Bath as that’s where the letters were postmarked) so we are automatically contacted regardless of any medical treatment we’ve had during the course of the year.

Finally, & this is the real reason for the visit, the question of these new tablets I’m on. Undoubtedly they have eased the pain in my breast. I can’t say it’s totally gone away but it has eased it to a more tolerable level. However, this horrible taste is not going away & it’s getting me down. I’m eating peanuts & crisps just because the salt is about the only thing that cuts through the gunk in my mouth. I’m also feeling very volatile & reluctant to get up in the morning. It’s certainly not helped my mental health. We’ll see what he advises. There may be a more satisfactory alternative. Hope so.

No comments: