Thursday 13 July 2017

More myself



For the first time in what seems ages I’m beginning to feel more like myself. The trip to the doctor’s went well.

He agrees there’s no sign of psoriasis on my scalp so I’ve ceased applying that medication. I’ve not started itching again.

He took both our blood pressures while we were there. Both perfect so that means no need for the official review.

 As for my new pills for the nerve damage pain, these pills are apparently the only option for the purpose so I have the choice of whether I take the pills & have the pain so greatly reduced, even if the adverse side effect is the gunk in my mouth, or just put up with the pain. To help with the taste he suggested getting some fruit to nibble from time to time so we’ve bought a large bunch of grapes. When we got the renewal prescription for the new pills, the chemist, Brad, asked how I was finding them, so I mentioned the gunk. His solution is some saliva-stimulating gums so we got some of those. Whether it’s the doc’s suggestion or Brad’s, my mouth does seem moister now. Maybe it just took me a couple of weeks to adjust to the new medication.

So now I’m beginning to feel more up to doing things, to taking an interest in life.

First we need to sort out the new car. We’re off to test drive a car later today. Volvo no longer does the model we at present have on Motability. The only car available on Motability is smaller. The boot is too small for the wheelchair, the well into the boot too deep. So we’re looking at other marques. We’ve looked at BMW, Audi & Ford. Who knows what it will end up being but the clock is ticking. The letter has arrived from Motability to say it’s three months till swap over time. An automatic is essential for me to be able ot drive. They are usually specifically made to order so we must get the order in soon.

After that we can relax & anticipate a few days out just for the fun of it. That will be good. Maybe the time has come when I can finally put the cancer behind me & get on with life. Hope so.

No comments: