Monday 5 June 2017

Questions but no answers



So Mrs May PM says “Enough is enough”. Don’t we all agree? London’s second atrocity on top of the so recent Manchester horror is more than enough of such evil. But what do we do?

I dread Mrs May, if she is returned as Prime Minister after the election this week, will want to crack down on terrorists. Fair enough if that’s all she’s going to do. I fear she might want to bring in something like internment, or the expulsion from this country, of all Muslims (as Trump aspires to in the USA). All I can see that doing is intensifying any resentment Muslims may have.

The vast majority of Muslims in this country are peace-loving, law-abiding, people who want nothing to do with these extremists. Many think of themselves as being British, born & bred here, proud of their Britishness & their country, Britain.

I confess I’m at a loss to see an answer. I cannot understand why they commit these acts of terrorism. Do they really think that by doing such evil, they are on the road to paradise? I can understand them being so convinced of their faith to want to convert others to it, but with words & kind actions, not guns, bombs & knives. Christianity has moved on since the days of the Crusades so why hasn’t this form of Islam?

Meanwhile I can only hope life continues as normal, that we contiue to live our everyday lives doing normal everyday things, despite any atrocities that may occur. That we, Brits, can continue to respect & love our fellow beings, even Muslim ones.

No comments: