Thursday 1 June 2017

A Golden Serenade



Yesterday was another day largely of sunshine. We decided to have our Cowboy Pie (a variation on cottage pie) outside under the large pergola in our garden.

At one point the Fox went inside to get our strawberries & ice cream dessert. As I sat waiting, I suddenly heard this beautiful cheery sound. I looked around. There, at the very top of a neighbour’s huge tree was a small bird singing his head off.

I’m not very good at recognising birdsong, so I hastily went & got some binoculars. His red & white clown face was unmistakeable - a goldfinch. Soon a flock of gulls appeared & he was frightened away. When the gulls left the goldfinch returned with several other friends & the concert continued.  I think that is one birdsong I will recognise in future. The music added to a very special evening.

No comments: